Terms, Polices & Conditions of Sales
Policies and conditions of sales will apply to all International Furniture Direct LLC (IFD) dealers.The purpose of these policies is to provide our dealers an equitable and fair treatment for the guidelines used to help resolve any questions regarding shipping, ordering and service.
Placement of an order assumes that these terms have been read, understood, and accepted.
Sales are done only to registered furniture dealers with sales tax ID number approved by International Furniture Direct, LLC. We currently require all dealers to have an actual storefront and carry stock. Receiving dock is required for delivery of goods. Our products may only be offered online by our existing customers who have brick and mortar retail locations. IFD will not be adding any other Online Dealers than the existing ones at this moment.
IFD warrants that all its products will be free from MANUFACTURING DEFECTS and will either give credit or replace defective parts for a period of up to one (1) year from IFD's "invoice date" in accordance with the conditions below.
Please note WARRANTY EXCEPTIONS
- This warranty doesn’t extend to loss or damages resulting from the handling of freight companies delivering our product to our customers - nor to damages occurring while in the hands of our customers or end consumers.
NOTE: Claims for these freight damages or shortages must be filed within 10 natural days of receipt of merchandise directly with the freight carrier.
- Any product modifications by dealer, consumer, or other parties not authorized by IFD
- Sales of Discounted Floor Samples, Closeouts, Discontinued product or "AS IS" product
- Minor variations or differences between floor samples or printed illustrations and the furniture delivered
- Warranty covers only product for residential use only. It does not cover commercial, rental or industrial use. Furniture is for indoor use only
- Dissatisfaction due to buyer's remorse
- Normal wear and tear
- Transportation, assembling, maintenance or accidental damage
All reports of legitimate factory defects must be issued promptly with:
- Complete IFD SKU number
- Order number or invoice number or customer PO
- Clear photograph of defect
- Photograph of the whole item
- Photograph of the label with QR code attached to the piece (complete label please)
Claims should be submitted directly to . email@example.com Inspection by an IFD employee or representative may be necessary to verify that a manufacturing defect exists.
This warranty is made solely to the retailer and is not transferable under any circumstances. IFD does not handle claims directly from end customers
Damages to product found after delivery, and not noted on BOL, will be handled the following way:
- Damage needs to be reported in 10 natural days to allow IFD to place a concealed damage claim with the Transportation Company. This claim will be processed by IFD as a courtesy to our Dealers.
- After 10 natural days IFD will not be able to process Concealed Damage claims.
Please place a claim by emailing the above 4 requisites to firstname.lastname@example.org. If IFD determines a full credit is necessary, a Credit Memo for the full value of the SKU in question will be issued. It is necessary for the Dealer to place the order to replace the defective product. The dealer may then use the Credit Memo to offset the cost of the new order.
Parts are shipped at no charge to our customers for repair of merchandise on the one (1) year limited warranty and to correct any legitimate factory defect claim. To request replacement parts, please complete our Service Center form and e-mail to email@example.com
International Furniture Direct does not accept returned merchandise and will not be responsible for returned merchandise freight costs.
LOSS OF MERCHANDISE
The loss or damage of merchandise in transit is the responsibility of the delivery carrier. Claims for these damages or shortages must be filed within10 days of receipt of merchandise directly with the freight carrier.
NEW ACCOUNT SET-UP REQUIREMENTS
A signed/completed IFD Credit Application and a copy of Tax-Except Certificate are required to set up a new account. Please submit even if paying with Credit Card or COD. General Credit Reference sheet is also accepted. Please fax to (513) 774-7556 or to your corresponding Service Warehouse.
Net terms are available, pending credit approval. All checks must be made payable to International Furniture Direct. IFD accepts major Credit Cards with the following processing fees: Visa and MasterCard 2%. American Express 2.5%
Note: this surcharge is prohibited in the following states California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Minessota New York, Oklahoma, and Texas.
PRE-PAID & C.O.D. OPEN ORDERS
Please note dealers with Pre-Paid and COD Terms: orders will remain in our system for 90 days after stock has been confirmed. After this time, orders must be deleted from our system. Order may be re-entered once dealer is ready to place new order.
QUICK SHIP WAREHOUSE PROGRAMS
Orders are shipped on a Freight Collect basis FOB any of our three U.S. Warehouse locations (Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Phoenix, AZ). A shipping warehouse will be previously assigned to each dealer. Freight cost is based upon the size of the order. The freight contract is always between the Dealer and the Carrier. IFD has negotiated freight rates with furniture-only carriers, but we are able to accommodate pick ups with your preferred Freight Carrier (if it is a furniture specialized carrier.) IFD will not ship merchandise via Small Parcel.
Will Calls: Orders will be prepared for pick-up on a first come first serve basis. We recommend calling yourassigned Warehouse 24hrs in advance.
Drop Ship: IFD does not drop ship or arrange residential deliveries or ship to end customers.
Transit Times: Estimated transit times are 5-10 working days from the date of pick up for mainland USA. IFD can provide the phone number and tracking number(s) for orders after pick ups so the customer can contact trucking company directly for Estimated Delivery Dates. IFD cannot be liable for monetary loss or damages incurred by delayed delivery or extended transit times, even if IFD suggests carrier.
DIRECT TRUCKLOAD PROGRAM
Direct, Full Truckload pricing is available for full 3200 cube truckload. Must be full truckload to qualify for factory direct pricing. Pricing is FOB Laredo, TX.
All our items are packed using foam wrap, corner blocks, and stretch wrap and cartoned in a box. Except for the following items: IFD967BAR-MC which has the following type of packaging: foam wrap, corner blocks, corrugated wrap and stretch wrap (no box). Live Edge Dining Tables and Occasional Tables: foam wrap, corner blocks, corrugated wrap and stretch wrap (no box).
Product from our facilities is being packed in a manner to arrive to our dealers in good condition. A final touch up and deluxing is expected from our dealers prior to delivering to the final customer. IFD does not accept responsibility for freight or any other costs incurred from Dealer’s failure to inspect items before delivery.
Each individual piece in our furniture Collections is made to replicate antique/reclaimed wood parts and pieces, which means each item is unique. To provide this look, cracks, knots, knotholes, splits and uneven rubbed edges are purposely left intact from original pieces of wood and in many instances additional man-made distressing is given to emphasize its rustic charm. These are not product defects but unique features that add beauty and character.
Accordingly, expansion or shrinkage, small cracks and wood imperfection are inherent qualities of our product. Variation is what makes each piece unique, natural and exclusive.
Since differences in the natural wood color and grain do affect the finish, it is impossible to guarantee an exact match between two pieces of wood even though identical finishing processes are used. These differences in wood finishes are not defects, but variations that make each piece unique and distinctive.
The purchase of our product by the Dealer implies a full understanding of the inherent imperfections if IFD’s hand made product line, as well as the effect that climatic conditions have on this type of furniture, and it is the Dealer’s responsibility to communicate this to their customer.
An existing Online Retailer is one with no storefront, only online sales. To become an e-commerce account, a written and approved contract must be signed by both IFD and the Dealer in question. Drop shipping is not available. IFD is not adding e-commerce accounts effective 2016. Any existing online retailers are supervised to follow MAP pricing.
Our current MAP is 2.5 times the full Warehouse Price on current price list
- 1st MAP violation: First Warning
- 2nd MAP violation: Second Warning plus shipments will be held until MAP is adjusted on Dealer’s website
- 3rd MAP violation: Third Warning. ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED. Remaining open orders will be shipped but IFD will not enter new orders. Accounts with previous MAP violations will not be re-opened.
SALES THROUGH THIRD PARTIES
Retailers are on not authorized to offer our product on any third-party websites. Violations to this policy will be penalized the following way:
- 1st Sales 3rd Party violation: First Warning
- 2nd Sales 3rd Party violation: Second Warning plus shipments will be held until IFD product is taken off Third Party Website
- 3rd Sales 3rd Party violation: Third Warning. ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED. Remaining open orders will be shipped but IFD will not enter new orders. Accounts with previous violations will not be re-opened.
- At no point will IFD enter conversation with the end customer. All dealers are expected to have their own customer service function
- Dealers must request written permission from IFD to use our logo, name, item codes or link to our website.
- IFD reserves the right to change prices without notice.
- Product measurements, color, descriptions in our catalog and online are approximate only.
- TRAN-SHIPPING will not be allowed, and accounts will be permanently closed if IFD product is offered in an unapproved location.